|The Welsh National War Memorial, erected in Cathays Park in 1928|
The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month marks the signing of the Armistice, on 11th November 1918, to signal the end of World War One.
The Welsh National War Memorial was erected in Cathays Park in 1928. Designed by Sir Ninian Comper, it is a circular colonnade of unfluted Corinthian columns with 3 projecting rectangular porticos. There is an inscription in English (exterior), and Welsh (interior).
Related Military Wales Links:
Read more: The Welsh National War Memorial www.coflein.gov.uk
Further: The Welsh National War Memorial images Coflein - Discovering Our Past Online
Also: War Memorials around Wales
Coflein is the NMRW's public online database, searchable geographically through Ordnance Survey maps or by text queries. Coflein allows free access to details of many thousands of archaeological sites, monuments, buildings and maritime sites in Wales, together with an index to the drawings, manuscripts and photographs held in the NMRW archive collections.
Subscribe to the Heritage of Wales News and sign up for the full feed RSS, just click this RRS button and Subscribe!