|RCAHMW 3D model of the engine house at Hafod Copperworks, HMC805, nprn:- 33710|
Links to sites featured in episode 4:
- Parys Mountain Copper Mines
- Hafod and Morfa Copperworks, Swansea
- Cyfarthfa Ironworks, Methyr Tydfil
- Cyfarthfa Castle, Merthyr Tydfil
- Chartist uprising monument and mural, John Frost Square, Newport
- Carmarthen Workhouse – stormed by Rebecca rioters in 1843
Finally, the Royal Commission's superbly illustrated book, Hidden Histories: Tysorau Cudd, has an interesting section “On the First Industrial Nation” by Stephen Hughes and Dr Peter Wakelin with ten essays covering this fascinating topic. In addition, enthusiasts who are interested in the industrialization of Wales will also like the Royal Commission’s definitive book on: Copperopolis: Landscapes of the Early Industrial Period in Swansea. Copies of all our publications are available through our bookshop with a special 10% discount to Friends. For further information, please visit the Royal Commission’s website or telephone 01970 621200.
Subscribe to the Heritage of Wales News and sign up for the full feed RSS, just click this RSS button and subscribe!
Also find us on:
Twitter Hashtag: #RCAHMWales